Friday, January 1, 2016

Sweet Gift of God

Gift of God, 
Instrument of His Grace.
Wife of mine, 
Mercy upon her face.

Her true beauty runs deep within,  
Only to be truly known
In this one-flesh union, 
forged in heaven’s shadow.

God has knit my soul to hers,
And hers to mine,
Never more the two,
We are one, for this time.

Through life and death,
Through joy and pain.
When the storm comes,
She shines through the rain.

She is my helper,
For help I truly need.
Weary, I stumble and fall.
She picks me up, off my knees.

Her sweet spirit
Warms our home.
Her patient endurance
Makes this family whole.

Few men will ever know
Such a gift as i have enjoyed.
Wife of beauty and grace,
She is more than I could ever deserve.

So sweet a maker,
To give the gift of divine love,
Even sweeter still,
To give the gift of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment